Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) is a digital electronic authentication process. It is a detailed analyzing and recognizing process of the user who they say they are after providing two or more verification factors to gain access to any source of application or device. It is also referred to as two-factor authentication or 2FA. However, MFA is considered the fundamental component of a strong IAM (identity and access management) procedure. It not only requires the traditional username & password but also requires two or more verification factors additionally. The process reduces any fraudulent activities and offers frictionless transactions for the identified users. Executing multi-factor authentication solutions in the core system of your organization network is one of the most fundamental steps to secure your organization’s database information and protect your business against any third-party intervention.
Enabling organization to use multiple authentication factors for single sign-on (SSO) and desktop security helps to safeguard your organization’s defense in multiple layers. The foundation of the MFA authentication protocol is established on one of three types of supplementary information:
Reasoning and knowledge are the primary factors of verification. It includes things you know, like a password or PIN
Ownership is the secondary factor of verification. It includes the things you possess, like a badge or smartphone.
It is a type of physical security or (OTP) one-time password used only for a particular login session.
● Physical Inheritance
Physical Inheritance is the tertiary factor of verification. It includes the physical aspects of biometrics like fingerprint, face recognition, voice, Siri’s scans, etc.
The Insight Of Multi-factor Authentication Solutions
MFA is software developed with multiple layers of authentication to help businesses tone down the risks from any fraudulent activities and protect private database information. However, OmniDefend employs the best leading advanced biometric technology to support 1:1 validation and 1: N identification of customers’ identities, It offers:
- Strong security
- Easy MFA implementation
- Multi-layered authentic protection against credential theft
- Consistent with single sign-on (SSO) technology
- Perfect security from any locations
- A reliable cybersecurity solution
Implementation of multi-factor authentication OmniDefend software that offers:
- FIDO2 WebAuthN
- OmniDefend Smart Cards support
- Mobile Authenticator
- One-Time Passwords
- OmniDefend Biometric Devices
Benefits Of Multi-factor Authentication
- Multi-factor authentication solutions work as an evidence-based cybersecurity procedure for securing sensitive information and data and safeguarding the company, client, and partner-related information.
- It forms a firm layer of verification to ensure that all internal and external employees, users, customers, and partners are regulated & verified by recommended IAM (Identity Access Management) protocols.
- Ransomware attacks and data breaches are actively prevented with the incorporation of multi-factor authentication solutions into practices.
- The OmniDefend’s MFA meets all the requirements for safe and secure single sign-on (SSO) solutions.
- MFA strengthens the internal and external layers of the company network as an extra defense layer against cybercrimes.
- It adequately subtracts any risk of human error or mistakes to prevent cyber threats with precise multi-factor software without the need to rebuild the core processes.
- Multi-factor Authentication solutions actively support cloud-powered technology with dynamic and effective software solutions.